Jenkins Landscape Company is a family owned and operated business. We have many long term employees and truly pride ourselves on our wonderful work environment.We are always looking for qualified professionals in the landscape industry. We offer to pay for education and certification programs to all of our employees in efforts for them to better themselves and Jenkins Landscape Company. Safety always comes first at Jenkins Landscape Company.
Why join the Jenkins team?
1) Solid Foundation: We have been in business since 1959, and do not plan on going anywhere. We have many employees that have been with us for 10+ years.
2) Room for growth: We always look from within when a position becomes available. We train our employees with hopes of one day moving up to the Supervisor position.
3) Education: We offer to pay for your education to better yourself and the company. We are one of the highest certified companies with FNGLA.
4) Work environment: We are a friendly work environment and have a zero tolerance for poor attitudes and harassment. You spend more time with us than your family, so we make work as pleasant as possible. We are always looking for polite, positive and happy people to join our team!
Benefits as a full time employee:
- -Health insurance (company pays portion for employee)
- -Life Insurance
- -Dental Insurance
- -Vision Insurance
- -Supplemental Insurance
- -Vacation Pay
- -Holiday Pay
- -Bonus opportunities with performance and certificationsI
- -Industry training: We pay for college, seminars, certifications, etc.
- -Drug-Free workplace
- -Equal Employment Opportunities
- -401K Retirement Plan
Current Job Openings- October 2017
Landscape Gardening ForemanThis position with Jenkins Landscape requires equipment, plant knowledge and managing a crew experience. Candidates will be tested on the skills required. Pay is based on experience and we are very competitive with other companies. The type of person who excels in this position loves a routine and knowing what to expect every day. Once you have learned the routine, you will become more independent and automatically start your job duties once arrival at a job site. This person is also a great leader, and leads by example. Your laborers will only work as hard as their foreman.
-Running a crew of 3 for a pre-set maintenance schedule.
-Detailed maintenance experience required (high-end properties with particular gardening requests).
-Summer cut-backs, minor pest control, planting small plants when needed.
-Many more duties involved with maintenance, but you will be totally responsible for everything under 8' on your properties. All will be residential.
-Running through irrigation system to make sure plants/sod getting coverage. Make minor repairs to system as needed.
-Ability to drive truck & trailer. Driving test will be given.
-Maintenance equipment experience.
-Proper plant pruning and care.
-Clear driving & criminal history for past 4 years.
-Positive and polite attitude.
Landscape Gardening LaborerThis position with Jenkins Landscape requires work experience and knowledge of regular landscape maintenance. Pay is competitive and based on experience. The type of person who excels in this position loves a routine and knowing what to expect every day. Once you have learned the routine, you will become more independent and automatically start your job duties once arrival at a job site.
-Operating hand-held equipment (Stihl weedeater, edger, blower, etc.)
-Operating push & zero-turn mower.
-Identifying unwanted plant material in the landscape and removing.
-Pruning plant material.
-Raking beds & Chattahoochee driveways.
Tree TrimmerThis position with Jenkins Landscape requires work experience and knowledge of tree trimming. Candidates will be tested on the skills required. Pay is based on experience and we are very competitive with other companies. The type of person who excels in this positions loves the creativity of pruning trees. Tree pruning is an art and could take several years to reach your goal for that tree. This is a very physically demanding job with moving ladders, climbing and rigging inside trees.
-Tree Trimming division is responsible for all tree pruning above 7 foot.
-Use extension ladders, lift, or bucket truck to access canopies.
-Hand tool knowledge and experience required (chainsaws, loppers, pruners, etc.)
-Debris is hauled by other employees, but when work is caught up you may have to pile and haul debris to truck.